Why January Is the Perfect Time to Start a New Skincare Routine
January is the perfect month for new beginnings. It’s when people are enthusiastic and ecstatic to explore new things and revamp old routines. That said, if you’re stuck in the same old skincare routine for years, you might want to make a shift this month.
Here are some reasons we think January is the perfect time to explore and start a new skincare regimen.
- It’s a brand new start.
New beginnings come with fresh ideas and open mindedness to try a new routine or modify what you’re already accustomed to. Additionally, a fresh start means you have the energy to dig a little deeper into some of the skincare techniques and to find out if they work for your specific skin type.
- You’re more likely to stick with a new routine.
The bright promise of a brand new year can fuel your commitment to stick with your resolutions. You can also use this energy to try a new skincare routine. When you try a new regimen with that kind of fuel, you are more likely to remember and stick with it until you see results.
- You have a relaxed social calendar.
As your social calendar eases up this month, you’ll have more time to relax. You don’t have to stay up late anymore or slather your face with makeup, which can wreak havoc to your skin’s health. With less social engagements, you’ll have time to test new skin products or change your skincare routine. With a relaxed social calendar, you also let your skin relax and de-stress, making it easy for your skin to absorb and replenish lost nutrients.
- Your skin will be ready for summer.
When you start a new routine this month, you’ll have enough time to nourish your skin. By the time summer rolls in, you are likely to see results from your hard work. Your skin will be in top shape once it’s time to switch your thick coats and jackets for bikinis and summer apparel.
The Ideal Skin Care Routine
Beautiful skin requires effort, so it takes more than just soap and water to keep your skin healthy. Try this routine this January for a change:
- Cleanse – Do this every night to remove dirt, oil, and makeup. Use a mild cleanser if you have sensitive skin.
- Moisturize – Even if you have oily skin, you still need to moisturize to keep your skin from drying out.
- Sunscreen – Sun damage is the biggest culprit to aging skin, so sun protection is a must—even if it’s winter.
- Essentials – Each person has different needs for their skin, so include serums, essential oils, and other products in your daily routine.
Skin that’s clear, glowing, and blemish-free will always trump makeup. Therefore, consult with a board-certified dermatologist to learn new ways to care for your skin.