Voluma XC: Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Juvéderm Voluma XC?
An injectable gel used to add volume to the cheek area.
2. What is Juvéderm Voluma XC indicated for?
Creates contour and a subtle lift instantly.
3. What makes Juvéderm Voluma XC different from other dermal fillers?
Contains a modified hyaluronic acid made from a naturally occurring complex sugar.
4. How long does Juvéderm Voluma last?
Up to 2 years with optimal treatment.
5. Why use Juvéderm Voluma XC and not a wrinkle filler?
Voluma is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss.
6. Are the injections painful?
Voluma XC contains an anesthetic called lidocaine to reduce discomfort.
7. Is allergy testing needed?
8. How young can you be treated?
Voluma is recommended for adults over the age of 21 years oid.
9. How long does treatment take?
The treatments takes about 30 minutes.
10. Does Juvéderm Voluma require any special techniques or training?
Voluma should be performed by a skilled medical provider having extensive experience with the injection of dermal fillers.
11. Can you combine Juvéderm Voluma XC with other facial anti-aging treatments?
Yes, Voluma is only recommended for the cheeks. Other dermal fillers, toxins and lasers can be used for other parts of the face during the same treatment.
12. What are the common side effects of Juvéderm Voluma XC?
Tenderness, swelling, firmness, bruising and mild discomfort.
13. What if I don’t like the results – can Juvéderm Voluma XC be removed?
If you are unhappy with the results you should contact your Doctor to discuss any concerns.
14. How often can I be injected?
Generally 2-4 weeks after the initial treatment.
15. How much does it cost?
The price on average is $1000 -$1500 per syringe.