Fabulous Skin at Every Age: Skin Care Tips for Your 30s and 40s
The 30s and 40s can be a difficult time for the skin. Even those blessed with a lifetime of perfect skin will start to see fine lines and wrinkles during these decades of transition. Although those first few wrinkles might feel a bit discouraging, there is still much you can do to promote resilient and youthful skin. With a few simple tricks, tips, and treatments you can look great in your 30s, 40s, and beyond.
Skincare Tips for Your 30s
The state of your skin in your 30s can vary widely depending on the care you’ve given it in the past and your genetics. To keep your skin looking its best, try these helpful tips.
- Start a Routine– If you don’t already have an established skincare routine, now’s the time to start. At the very minimum you should cleanse twice (morning and night), moisturize, and apply sun protection each day. In your 30s you’ll also want to start using Retinol (ask Dr. Matarasso for a recommendation for your skin) if you don’t already.
- Exfoliate to Rejuvenate and Restore– Removing layers of dead skin can help to reveal the fresh, young skin hiding underneath. In office treatments like microdermabrasion can keep your skin looking younger longer, so you can love your face like you did in your 20s.
- Is it Time for Injectables?- Many men and women start using injectables in their 30s to give their skin a fuller, more youthful appearance. Botox can “freeze” out unwanted wrinkling caused by muscle contractions while dermal fillers (like Juvederm) can restore volume, fill wrinkles, and more. Ask Dr. Matarasso if you could benefit from one (or both) of these treatments.
Skincare Tips for Your 40s
By the time you get into your 40s, your skin will definitely show some signs of aging. Don’t despair; there is much we can do to even skin tone, reduce wrinkling, and create a naturally youthful look for you and your skin.
- Address Skin Problems– Did you know that acne isn’t just a problem for teens? Many adults, including those in their 40s, struggle with this embarrassing skin condition. Don’t suffer in silence. Dr. Matarasso can help you address your skin problems, helping you look and feel young and radiant.
- Take Advantage of Skincare Advances– If you think there aren’t many options available to combat aging skin, come in and find out what we can do for you. Modern medical science has given us many effective solutions to keep you looking great in your 40s and beyond. If you look in the mirror and wish you looked younger, it might be time for a visit to Dr. Matarasso.
- Use Sun Protection– Sun protection is important at every stage in life, including your 40s. Get in the habit of wearing sunscreen daily if you haven’t already. You should use a minimum of SPF 15, higher if you plan on spending a lot of time in the sun.
- Retinoids Are Your Skin’s Best Friend– If you want to fight aging, retinoids are an essential part of your skincare routine. (If you aren’t familiar with them, check out this great piece from Oprah). Retinoids can help your skin look softer, brighter, and smoother.
Whatever your age and stage, we want to help you look your best.