Fabulous Skin at Every Age: Skin Care Tips for Your 20s
When it comes to skin, your 20s are a fabulous time. Your skin is probably the healthiest and most resilient it will be throughout your life. With the right care, your skin can look great. Taking care of your skin now can build a foundation for great skin in the coming years. Look great now, and in the future, by taking care of your skin in your 20s.
Skincare Tips for Your 20s
What do you need to do for your best skin in your 20s? Keep reading for some helpful skincare tips that will keep your skin glowing, radiant, and fresh looking all year round.
- Keep it Clean– Cleansing is an important part of your skincare routine at any age, 20s included. Choose a gentle cleanser that works well with your skin type. Cleansing removes oils, dirt, and makeup from the skin, helping you to avoid unsightly breakouts. If you need help choosing a cleanser, just ask; Dr. Matarasso can help you find a great choice for your skin. Remember, your skincare needs change as you age; the perfect cleanser at 20 might not be the same one at 27. Revisit your product choice as your skin ages and changes.
- Moisturize– Whether you have oily, dry, or combination skin, a good moisturizer is essential. Moisturize after every cleanse.
- Use Sunscreen – One of the most important ways to take care of your skin is to protect it from the sun. A lifetime of sun exposure can cause wrinkles, age spots and other skin problems — as well as increase the risk of skin cancer.
- Focus on Simplicity– The 20s are a great time for skin which often means that you don’t need to do a lot to look your best. Procedures like Botox or microdermabrasion might not be the right fit for our younger patients; Dr. Matarasso would be happy to talk with you about any skincare treatments that might benefit you. Keep things simple in your 20s and let your natural, youthful beauty shine through.
Potential Skin Problems… and What to Do About Them
Although the 20s are prime time for skin, there are still a few problems you might encounter. Luckily, there is much we can do to resolve these common skin issues; talk with us about any concerns you may have.
- Acne… Not Just for Teens- One of the biggest skin complaints we receive from patients in their 20s is persistent acne. Many people assume that this is a problem only encountered by teens, but in reality acne can strike at any age. Don’t just endure acne. There is a lot that we can do to treat and prevent breakouts including topical treatments, antibiotics, and more. Taking care of your acne isn’t just important for your skin now; proper treatment of acne can reduce scarring for better skin throughout your life.
- Skin Cancer Detection– Although people over the age of 40 are most likely to get skin cancer, age isn’t the only risk factor for this disease. Those with fair skin, a family history of skin cancer, and overexposure to the sun are also at an elevated risk. A skin cancer detection appointment is an excellent tool for finding skin cancer early. Suspicious areas can be biopsied and if cancer is found, Mohs Surgery can remove the cancer while leaving the surrounding healthy skin intact.
Take care of your skin now for many years of healthy and beautiful skin. At any age, Dr. Matarasso is ready to help you look your best.