Are Botox Parties Safe?
Are you curious about Botox? Come see Dr. Matarasso to give this powerful anti-aging treatment a try. Known for its safe and effective results, Botox is one of the most popular cosmetic treatments in the U.S. (more than 6.7 million treatments were performed last year). It is true that Botox is very safe, but only when done in the right situations. Skip the Botox parties and get your Botox at a doctor’s office instead. Call to schedule your appointment with Dr. Matarasso today.
What Is a Botox Party?
Botox treatments take just a few minutes to complete, with no downtime. The speed and convenience of this treatment has led to some providers offering Botox in private homes instead. These providers are often not doctors and may not even be trained in proper Botox use. A host typically invites friends over for food, drinks, and a quick lesson about Botox. Injections are performed right at the party, often at a discounted rate.
The Dangers of Botox Parties
Botox parties appeal to those who want to try Botox, but feel a bit nervous about the experience. It can be fun to enjoy your first treatment with friends in a party-like atmosphere. Botox parties might be fun, but they aren’t safe. Before you get your Botox at an in-home party, learn the risks.
- No Medical Records– Love your Botox results and want to replicate it? If you go to a Botox party, this may be difficult, as you’ll have no medical records of your treatment. When you get a Botox treatment with Dr. Matarasso, we carefully review your medical history to ensure the treatment is a safe choice for you. We also keep detailed records so we can replicate your results.
- Informed Consent?– Botox is very safe, but it does have a few risks. You may not get all the information you need to make an informed choice about your treatment at a Botox party. Alcohol and peer pressure may influence you to make a decision that you aren’t comfortable with. To boot, drinking alcohol increases your risk of bruising from Botox.
- Potentially Unsanitary Conditions– Is the Botox provider at your Botox party following the best practices for hand washing, glove use, and syringe safety? There is a bigger potential for unsanitary conditions at a Botox party than in a medical office.
- Is it Really Botox?– Counterfeit pharmaceuticals are a big business—one with potentially deadly complications. When you receive Botox injections from Dr. Matarasso, you can be certain that you’re receiving legitimate Botox that’s been obtained from a trusted source.
- An Unknown Injector– Great Botox requires a skilled injector. Dr. Matarasso has been providing Botox to his patients for many years and is well known for his beautiful, natural looking results.
- Limited Medical Assistance Available– Botox emergencies are rare but, should one occur, you’ll want to be in a medical office with immediate access to trained medical professionals and lifesaving equipment.
Skip the Botox Parties and Come See Us Instead
Botox parties aren’t safe, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the many benefits of Botox. Skip the parties and come see us instead. Call and schedule your appointment with Dr. Matarasso today.