I Still Have Acne. What Are My Treatment Options?
Got acne? Many patients assume that acne is only a teenage problem and are surprised to discover that their acne is still sticking around into adulthood. If you have acne, no matter your age, come see us. Dr. Matarasso can help clear your skin.
Acne Often Requires a Multi-Method Approach
Acne has many causes and can be difficult to treat. Dr. Matarasso has found that most patients respond well to a multi-method approach. We’ll combine different treatments, medications, and skin care products to treat your acne. Occasionally we’ll need to try a few different options to find the treatments that work best for you. Dr. Matarasso has extensive experience in treating acne and can help clear your skin, even when you’ve struggled to find success elsewhere. If over-the-counter treatments aren’t working, you may need help from a skilled dermatologist like Dr. Matarasso.
What Are My Treatment Options for Acne?
We use many different treatments for acne. Your acne treatment plan may include some or all of the following:
- Skin Care Training- The right techniques and skin care products can make a huge difference in the appearance of your skin. We’ll provide training on proper cleansing and skin hygiene and can recommend products for your skin and acne type.
- Topical Medications and Masques- Topical treatments can reduce oil production, lessen inflammation, and kill bacteria within the pores.
- Benzoyl Peroxide, Retin-A, and AHA- Benzoyl peroxide, Retin-A, and exfoliating formulas like alpha-hydroxy acid open clogged pores and kill acne-causing bacteria.
- Antibiotics- Topical and oral antibiotics kill stubborn bacteria.
- Chemical Peels- Chemical peels unclog pores, reduce oil production, and exfoliate dead skin cells.
Dr. Matarasso can provide treatment recommendations after carefully examining your skin. Different types of acne may require different treatment methods.
How Long Until I See Results?
Many acne treatments work quickly. Come in for treatment today and start enjoying clearer skin in just a few days. Many treatments offer visible results in just one treatment, often with continued improvement as you continue to use the treatment. We’ll give you a better idea of what to expect from your treatment before we begin. The sooner you come in, the sooner you’ll see results.
Clearer skin awaits. Call and schedule your appointment with Dr. Matarasso today.